Monday 16 January 2012

Not just a hooker

I’ve noticed that recently my posts have been focussed on crochet. That probably reflects the way I’ve been using my time, headspace, and, frankly, pursestrings, but we’ve been in no way monogamous, Crochet and I.

Pleasantly mild chaos

And here is the evidence of my other current dalliance – a mildly chaotic pile of half-cut squares I’m preparing for an eye-spy picture-matching quilt for my son.
I’ve decided to base it on the disappearing nine-patch block, (CluckCluckSew has an example here.) using 3 1/2 inch squares, but I’ve not yet decided on a finished size for the quilt.
I’ve been collecting novelty prints for a while now, and spent rather a lot of time lovingly laying it on my lap (on top of the cat) and waving cardboard windows over it to plan the fussy-cuts.
Even after rejecting a good proportion for being too big, too small, or too ugly, I still have 66 matching pairs, and counting. DearWife has suggested a lap quilt for the car, but one that’s double-sided. She so loves throwing me the curve balls.
So, when I’m not waggling a crochet hook, I’m brandishing a rotary cutter. Nobody told me fussy cutting took so. Much. Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment