Friday 6 January 2012

Soft shoe shuffle

Behold! Granny square blankets for your feet!

In the background you can see the little foot that
would not stand still inside the slipper...

These are made from granny squares, and really are the most extraordinary things.

Look me in the eye and
tell me that's not ugly

They look unbelievably ugly lying flat, but once they take on the shape of your foot, they seem to really hug your contours (if you know what I mean) in a  cosy, and not unflattering, way.
Best of all, they are dead easy to make, and very portable – always a bonus.
 I've also mucked around wtih fancy tops and sides, and once I've retro-written a pattern, and found a way to make boygoblin stand still (squeaky toy? superglue?) I'll show you some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment