Tuesday 27 March 2012

Very Useful Bag

We went to mother's day lunch at a friend's house on Sunday, and, as ever, arrived loaded up with toys, books and puzzles to keep the BoyGoblin amused.

The bookbag got its first outing:

That's Rosie's walk peeking out - one of the Mummas' favourites.

Turns out it a perfect size for jigsaw puzzles too, and the handle is long enough to loop over a resteraunt dining chair.
All of which is a happy accident, as I made the thing before the Boy was even born! It was one of the first things I made with my sewing machine, and therefore is the first time I sewed a french seam or tried topstitching.


Which is why there are tail ends of fabric peeking through the seams:


Hairy seams
and the topstitching is in wimpish white:


Pale blue would have been better
The pocket is made from a piece of cross-stitch. Pattern from Cross-stitching Magazine, I think. and was, now I come to think of it, the first time I had used Anchor threads (being a bit of a DMC girl myself, by dint of an inheritance.

Yes, I know, some people inherit the family pile, I inherited a pile alright - of embroidery cottons in every colour available, as long as that is red, or, at a push, pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment